The Central Geelong Framework Plan includes the review of the existing Central Geelong Structure Plan (2007) and the Urban Design Framework (2008).
- update land use and built form guidelines that have not changed for 10 years;
- contribute to a more creative, sustainable and liveable city;
- respond to development demand and evolving community expectations;
- identify how the city can grow while keeping its best features; and
- integrate visions and related strategies for how the city functions and looks.
The Framework Plan will result in updated planning controls that inform development proposals and approvals. It will also help government make decisions about the management and improvement of public streets and spaces.
Community consultation on the draft framework plan will get underway soon.
Page last updated: 28/03/21